Release Under Seal
STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE THE RELEASE UNDER SEAL IS EFFECTED
- The Importer or authorized clearing agent applies for Release Under Seal (RUS) of the consignment on the UNBS E-Portal in consultation with the UNBS officer (s) in-charge of the customs bonded warehouse where the consignment is located. This is done after inspection of the goods and payment of all the relevant fees; administrative fee of USD. 50 in UGX equivalent, Cash bond worth 15% of the CIF value of the goods, PVoC surcharge (if applicable), and testing fees (if applicable).
- The proposed storage facility for the said goods is then inspected to ascertain suitability for the RUS. It must be securable, and sealable.
- When the store is found to be suitable for the RUS, authorization is given for the RUS and the goods will then be released under seal to the inspected store where the said goods are offloaded and thereafter the goods confined in the store under UNBS seal until the query is resolved.
- The goods must remain confined in this store under UNBS seal until the query is resolved.
- When the query is resolved and the goods are found to meet requirements of the applicable standards, the cash bond shall be returned to the importer.
- When the goods are found to be non compliant, then the cash bond shall not be returned to the importer but shall be retained by UNBS.
Download RUS Administrative Directive 24th February 2017