A Management System is a company’s structure for managing its processes and activities that transform inputs of resources into a product or service which meets the company’s objectives while satisfying the customer's quality requirements, complying with regulations, meeting environmental and public health objectives.
If a manufacturer’s quality management system meets the relevant standards, then consumers are assured of a quality product once the standard for the product has been agreed upon.
Final inspection of a product is not usually a reliable way of assuring that the product will give the desired performance and/or satisfaction. It is a well-known fact that the required level of quality can only be built into the product through management of processes. A properly established Quality Management System will help reduce costs, improve the conformance of the product to the requirements of standards and create an image of being a reliable supplier.
UNBS adopted a number of ISO Management System Standards and has embarked on Certification of Management Systems for enterprises. These include certification to the following Management Systems:
- ISO 9001 -Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- ISO 22000 -Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- ISO 14001 -Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- ISO 45001- Occupational health and safety management systems – (OH&S)
- US 130:2017 -Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- GMP/GHP for food services and cosmetics
- Laboratory Recognition Scheme (LRS) based on ISO/IEC 17025 Competence for testing and calibration laboratories
- ISO 50001 Energy Management system
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management system (ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 20000 Information Technology Service Management System (ITSM)
- ISO 13485 Medical devices Quality management systems
- Hotel and catering services certification
- Integrated Management Systems Certification (2 or more management systems combined)."
Procedure for management system certification
- Identify the Management System Standard relevant to your operations. This could be ISO 9001, ISO 22000 or ISO 14001 as appropriate.
- Obtain training from UNBS for the technical personnel in the requirements of the standard and its implementation. Enterprises can also contact UNBS to offer tailor-made in-house training on any chosen standard.
- Develop the required documentation (quality manual).
- Sensitize all staff about the standard.
- Implement the requirements of the standard and perform internal audits to assess your adequacy for certification.
- Request for certification audit and registration from UNBS.
Download CERT-SC-F 03- Application Form here
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Martin Imalingat
Tel: +256 417 333 250